Friday, June 17, 2011

Clearing the Dust

I know, I've been away for much too long, and it's sad that all it took for me to come back was a slap in the face with some bad news. More on that later, first and foremost an update and explanation on what the hell was I doing for a year.

Last year the trigger that stopped me from updating for a while was I got hit with a case of vertigo (it makes you believe you're a spinning top all the time even though your legs are stationary) and at the same time the place I hosted images at -, went down and all my blog images with it for a few days, and that upsets the hell out of me. At this time I thought of getting my own domain and server, so that I'd never have to see my blog go down like that ever again. I hastily signed up and got a domain, but with absolutely no idea how to use it. I fiddled with it but I'm just not good with custom layouts.

Soon it was shoved to the back of my priority list as I'm running low on money and freelancing alone just doesn't cut it when you're married and have a house, car, bills etc. to pay. A talk from my husband prompted me to go out there and get a new job, which I did. That took some time to get used to and 6 months down the road I'm finally out of probation and managed to clear some amount of the house debts.

I finally gave up trying to attempt to build a domain without much knowledge and hired a friend to help build it, but he was quite busy so my project kinda took a backseat. Few more months passed and the domain expired. It was here I realised I jumped way too fast, I should've taken small steps and I missed this blog. I want to come back and I have some backlogged stories I want to draw. But being the procrastinator I was, I kept putting it off until today.

Today, my husband and I have to do the dark deed of putting our first furkid to sleep. Hazel, our Corgi, has been in and out of the vet for about a month with kidney failure. She's only 2 years and a few months old, so her getting kidney failure was a huge shock for us. It seems she was born with it, but we didn't notice her symptoms all this while because it just seemed like nothing was wrong. We thought her drinking a lot of water was normal for a hot country like Malaysia. She had to be hooked on drips every few days just to survive the last month, and few days ago even the drips weren't helping any more. Last night she was brought home for the last time, and in a few hours we will be bringing her around to say her goodbyes.

The main reason I came back here for now, is to make a beautiful memorial page for her, which I will get to tonight or tomorrow.

After that, I will be dedicating my time to this blog again with comics. If you're still here reading this, I apologize for my year of absence, and thank you for still being here and reading this. Thank you.


  1. Welp, better late than never. I'm sorry for your loss, and it's great to read from you again. Hope things will pick up along the way!

  2. I am so sorry to hear that your fur kid needed to be put down. I have been in that situation a time or two myself and it is incredibly heart wrenching. At least you know she is no longer in pain. For what it's worth, my thoughts and sympathies are with you.

    PS - It is good to have you back. Just wish it were under better circumstances.

  3. It's great to see you back again!! I like your comics!!

  4. Sorry to hear about Hazel. I had to put down a dog of mine a month ago; reading your entry, it truly seems like when their health goes it goes fast.

    Wish we were all getting you back posting under better circumstances, but glad to hear you'll be returning.

  5. still reading! and i'm sorry to hear about Hazel :(